Thursday, 3 March 2011

Appeal Court denies Seng Chenda’s bail request


via CAAI

Thursday, 03 March 2011 15:02 Kim Yuthana and Chhay Channyda

The Phnom Penh Appeal Court yesterday rejected a bail request by Seng Chenda, who was sentenced to 20 years in prison last month for her role in a plot to murder her step-daughter.

Seng Chenda and three accomplices were sentenced on February 15 for plotting to kill Suv Chantha, the daughter from a previous marriage of her husband Khaou Chuly, a prominent businessman, as well as his nine-year-old granddaughter.

Seng Chenda had requested bail pending an appeal of her conviction.

“The court considers the bail rejection verdict … correct and acceptable,” said Presiding Judge Um Sarith after the hearing yesterday, adding that Seng Chenda has one month to appeal to the Supreme Court.

“I have followed the legal procedure to ask the court to release me on bail because my husband has money to [post my bail],” she said. “The court is biased.”

Seng Chenda told reporters she plans to appeal to the Supreme Court.

3 comments:

netoph said...

my response this content check here my blog my sources pop over to this site

Anonymous said...

replica bags china replica gucci bags b6r89m6q59 replica bags manila replica bags paypal replica hermes bags x3a18f9z04 replica bags in china replica evening bags click for source z2u81i6r76 replica bags koh samui

tosat said...

try this out Valentino Dolabuy next page Louis Vuitton fake Bags go to my blog this contact form